The EuroWhat? A Eurovision Podcast
Episode 186: Spring Back
The Eurovision 2023 deadline is here, so we have a slew of entries from countries waiting to reveal their songs at the last minute. We also get to chat with David Allwood from the UK to tell us what the vibe is in this year's host country.
Spring Back Summary
- Eurovision Tickets Went Fast (1:12)
- Switzerland reveals Remo Forrer's "Watergun" (3:28)
- Austria finally tells us "Who the Hell is Edgar?" (5:48)
- Israel's Noa Kirel unleashes her "Unicorn" (9:33)
- "I Wrote a Song" says the United Kingdom's Mae Muller (13:03)
- Loreen wins Sweden's Melfest with "Tattoo" (17:25)
- Mimicat's "Ai Coração" wins Festival da Canção (25:07)
- Victor Vernicos shares "What They Say" for Greece (30:16)
- TurelTuranX will "Tell Me More" for Azerbaijan (33:26)
- Mr Gay England David Allwood Discusses the UK Eurovision Vibe (38:05)
The EuroWhat? Podcast is available wherever you get your podcasts. Find your podcast app to subscribe here.
Keep tabs on everything happening with selection season for Eurovision 2023 including a calendar and playlists on our website at eurowhat.com/2023
Comments, questions, and episode topic suggestions are always welcome. You can shoot us an email, reach out on Twitter @eurowhat, or give us a toot on Mastodon.
Over on Patreon, we have a slew of bonus episodes featuring the American Song Contest, the Eurovision AV Club, and deep dives on Eurovision-adjacent topics. Thank you for your support!
Special Guest: David Allwood.