The Lonely Pipette : helping scientists do better science
TLP #18 : Why do we go to conferences? - Jean-Léon, Rita, Mariaceleste, Tim
Get ready for 2023 ! In this special episode, we're going to change the narrative. We're going to dive into this original narrative-interview with 4 scientists who experienced an original meeting with us. Invited by Jean-Leon Maître in the south of France, are you ready to ask yourself why you go to science conferences?
Our special guests are :
- Jean-Léon Maître, the organizer of the meeting, CNRS research director at the Institut Curie, at Paris, France
- Rita Mateus, group leader at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics and the Cluster of Excellence Physics of Life (TUD) in Dresden, Germany.
- Mariaceleste Aragona, associate professor and group leader of the tissue architecture lab at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Medicine, reNEW at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Tim Saunders, associate professor and group leader of an interdisciplinary group of the Centre for Mechanochemical Cell Biology at Warwick University in England.
This episode is linked to an article published by Jean-Léon Maître on The Node : https://thenode.biologists.com/present-and-future-of-quantitative-developmental-biology-in-les-treilles/events/
Note : The constraints of this episode allowed us to focus only on small-scale conferences. It goes without saying that none of the guests, nor we, think that this format should replace the classic meeting format which has other advantages. This episode only aims to bring a new perspective on how we interact as scientists. Small-scale formats are a way to inspire other ways of connecting the scientific community.
We thanks Jean-Léon Maître and the Fondation Les Treilles for the invitation.
To find out more about the guests :
- Jean-Léon Maître : https://institut-curie.org/team/maitre
- Rita Mateus : https://www.mpi-cbg.de/research/researchgroups/currentgroups/rita-mateus/research-focus
- Mariaceleste Aragona : https://renew.ku.dk/research/reseach-groups/aragona/
- Tim Saunders : https://mechanochemistry.org/Saunders/MainSite/Saunders_lab_v4_3.htm
To find out more about Renaud :
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/LePourpre
- LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/renaudpourpre/
To find out more about Jonathan :
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/Epigenetique
- LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanweitzman/%20
To learn more about the soundtrack :
Music by Amaria - Lovely Swindler